[gradebook2-dev] Group awareness for gradebook items

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 5 14:33:44 PST 2013

Looks like the core of this change was done under

The external assessment service now has a boolean method to check the group
status of an assignment.

looks like https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/GRBK-649 could cover
this... I will add it tentatively to 1.9.1 backlog and see what the details
of impl are later

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Jim Mezzanotte <jmezzanotte at anisakai.com>wrote:

> Hi GB2 team,
>
> We've discovered a change in behavior for the original Gradebook, and
> I wanted to get your feedback before I submit an enhancement request
> for similar functionality in Gradebook2.
>
> Gradebook now provides group awareness for group-targeted items sent
> from other tools. So if you target an assignment or assessment to a
> particular group and then send scores to Gradebook, the gradebook item
> only displays to members of that group.
>
> Gradebook didn't use to behave this way--if you sent scores for a
> group-targeted assignment or assessment to the tool, the gradebook
> item displayed to all site members, not just the group.
>
> It would be great if Gradebook2 could also provide this group
> awareness, but I'm not sure how this would be accomplished--or how it
> was done for Gradebook, since the only JIRA I can find
> (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20601) is unresolved and
> tentative for Sakai 10.
>
> I'm not sure if this was a change on the Gradebook side, or with the
> other tools--or if this functionality is already on the GB2 roadmap.
> Thanks in advance for advice on how I should proceed with this
> functionality request.
>
> Best,
> Jim Mezzanotte
> Asahi Net International

Jon Gorrono
PGP Key: 0x5434509D - http{
pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x5434509D&op=index}
http{middleware.ucdavis.edu}