[gradebook2-dev] Gradebook use cases

JOSE MARIANO LUJAN GONZALEZ jmariano at um.es
Thu May 31 02:37:05 PDT 2012

Hi all!

The end of the semester is getting closer and we are struggling finding
solutions to some use cases presented by our teachers using Gradebook
(in our case Gradebook 2). Any help or viable solutions would be much
appreciated!!!

NOTE: Have in mind that the Spanish Educational System allows three exam
calls (February, June, September) and all of them are managed in one
site; example site: MATHS 2011/12

NOTE 2: We have various official groups within each course so we will
have several sections inside site MATHS 2011/12, each section with
different instructors.

  * case 1: TEACHER A has already graded students in February using GB2
    and now in June wants to have a different grading structure using
    grades from February and adding some new ones for the all students
    that didn't pass the course in February. TEACHER A does not want to
    loose all grades from February, would like to keep Final Grades from
    February so he doesnt like the idea of updating old grades for those
    that didn't pass. In our old system the were able to copy grading
    structures with their grades so they could create a new structure
    for June and then reuse what they needed.
  * case 2: Ability to create a new final grade for each exam call
    (February, June, September)
  * case 3: in MATHS 2011/12, TEACHER A belongs to section 1 and TEACHER
    B to section 2. They want to have different grading structures and
    be able to create a Final Grade. ¿consider having different
    gradebooks within a site?
  * case 4: TEACHER A has a grading structure with 4 categories and each
    category with some items. He would like to be able to generate the
    category final grade. Dont think is possible right now either on GB1
    o 2.

We are aware that some of this would be solved having different sites
for each group (section) but we need to have them together. We follow
that structure for all courses.

thanks in advance,
mariano

José Mariano Luján González - Aula Virtual
Area de Tecnologías de la Información
y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA)
UNIVERSIDAD DE MURCIA - http://www.um.es