[gradebook2-dev] gb2 1.7.1 and Sakai 2.8.2

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 28 14:04:53 PDT 2012

The parent pom reference is not necessarily a hard dependency for GB2

In fact, we've not tested it in sakai_2.9.x... the SNAPSHOT parent pom ref
is a holdover from development and should be changed to suit the version of
sakai you are working with. The 2.9 reference there should be an indicator
of what the latest version is that it *should* work with :) but the QA
applied is of the developer variety: iffy

So if your deploying into sakai_2.8.x use the 2.8.x-SNAPSHOT, or if you are
using Sakai 2.8.1 use that version

If you are using prior versions of Sakai (2.7,2.6,2.5), you'll need, in
addition, to build GB2 with the respective maven profile
(sakai2.7,sakai2.6,sakai2.5)

Hope that helps, and sorry for the delay

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 4:37 AM, Jonas Eriksson
<jonas.eriksson at adm.umu.se>wrote:

> Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> I just tried bumping our gb2 from 1.6.0 to 1.7.1.****
>
> Could not find any documentation of which version of sakai the gb2 1.7.1
> requires but from the startup-error below and looking in the pom.xml that
> states parent base 2.9-SNAPSHOT my guess is that it requires 2.9?****
>
> ** **
>
> 2012-06-27 13:16:36,848 ERROR main
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/sakai-gradebook2]
> - StandardWrapper.Throwable****
>
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Autowiring of
> fields/methods failed; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
> field: private org.sakaiproject.util.ResourceLoader
> org.sakaiproject.gradebook.gwt.server.WebAppToolServlet.rb****
>
> ; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No unique
> bean of type [org.sakaiproject.util.ResourceLoader] is defined: Unsatisfied
> dependency of type [class org.sakaiproject.util.ResourceLoader]: expected
> at least 1 matching bean****
>
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.processInjection(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:274)
> ****
>
>         at
> org.springframework.web.context.support.SpringBeanAutowiringSupport.processInjectionBasedOnCurrentContext(SpringBeanAutowiringSupport.java:83)
> ****
>
>         at
> org.sakaiproject.gradebook.gwt.server.WebAppToolServlet.init(WebAppToolServlet.java:74)
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Best regards****
>
> ** **
>
> Jonas Eriksson
> Systemutvecklare
> IT-stöd och systemutveckling (ITS)
> Umeå universitet
> 901 87 Umeå
> Telefon +46 90 786 70 96****
>
> jonas.eriksson at adm.umu.se****
>
> www.its.umu.se****
>
> ** **

Jon Gorrono
PGP Key: 0x5434509D - http{
pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x5434509D&op=index}
GSWoT Introducer - {GSWoT:US75 5434509D Jon P. Gorrono <jpgorrono -
www.gswot.org>}
http{middleware.ucdavis.edu}