[gradebook2-dev] Sakai Gradebook API

George Sapp GSapp at tegrity.com
Mon Jul 16 19:36:49 PDT 2012

Hello,
  I was hoping this group could provide some advice on how best to implement the sakai gradebook API.   Specifically, I'm trying to create an external assignment and save a score for that assignment.

Here is the documentation I am using
http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.sakaiproject.edu-services.gradebook/gradebook-service-api/1.2.0-b05/org/sakaiproject/service/gradebook/shared/GradebookExternalAssessmentService.java#GradebookExternalAssessmentService

I'm able to create an assignment using the API using the addExternalAssessment method.  However, when I try to post a score for a student using the updateExternalAssessmentScore method, I get success returned but no score is actually updated.

Here is an example call.

org.sakaiproject.service.gradebook.shared.GradebookExternalAssessmentService g = (org.sakaiproject.service.gradebook.shared.GradebookExternalAssessmentService) ComponentManager.get("org.sakaiproject.service.gradebook.GradebookExternalAssessmentService");

g.addExternalAssessment("4968bdd2-f85f-4f3c-9a84-f6ade9199d1f", "00203",  null,  "Test Assign Test",  100, 0,  "Gradebook Service",  false);

g.updateExternalAssessmentScore("4968bdd2-f85f-4f3c-9a84-f6ade9199d1f",  "00203", "gsapp", "100");

Anything you can suggest is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I know the code above may not run directly, but I have just copied sample values into the arguments to make it easy to read.

Thanks,
   George