[gradebook2-dev] Instructors can grade students on deleted grade items

Raul Sanchez Vegas raulsv at um.es
Fri Jan 27 05:58:13 PST 2012

Hi

We have found a critical bug because our instructors can grade students
on deleted grade items. The steps to reproduce it are:

0. The gradebook has a grade item called "Final Grade"
1. The instructor clicks on a student's name in the multigrade grid. The
Student Summary pane appears.
2. The instructor closes the Student Summary.
3. The instructor removes the grade "Final Grade".
4. The instructor clicks on a student's name in the multigrade grid. The
"Final Grade" item still appears in the Student Summary pane. So the
instructor can
grade this deleted grade item. When instructor grades this deleted grade
item, he gets this message: "Unexpected response from server: 500".

Our gradebook2 version is 1.6.1 and Sakai 2.7.2.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks in advance,
Raúl