[gradebook2-dev] Gradebook, object names, case-sensitivity

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jan 20 22:07:39 PST 2012

If they are identical in name and case, edu-services would not allow
it ... if they differ only in case, then it would allow it... and,
that could also happen with just a single tool source

... rather than try to wrangle all the loose cattle that this
discrepancy (btwn gb2 and edu-services case handling) might let loose,
I was hoping to close the gate :)

But, in the absence of getting that to happen, one draconian
gate-closer is to refuse to load all such items (items that differ
only in case)

another more complex and code-intensive approach is to offer to merge
them or otherwise ask the user which one to keep.

WDYT?