[gradebook2-dev] Gradebook, object names, case-sensitivity

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jan 19 20:45:55 PST 2012

I didn't get any bites on this in OAE-DEV....

So, I'll float it here for discussion... suggestions for ways to move
forward appreciated.

We (UCD) are rSmart clients and I think they have vendor dropped
edu-services, maintaining some changes... so *we* may end up with that
as *our* final form of the proposal, but it would prob be better if we
had a more general approach ruled out first....

A short intro to the problem: external tools can add gb assignment in
upper or lower case and they are treated as separate.. gb2 is
case-insensitive... so, trying to delete one of two or more items that
differ by case only is not currently possible in gb2... it is just
confused.

This is the last case found outstanding for GRBK-1204

--
Jon Gorrono
PGP Key: 0x5434509D -