[gradebook2-dev] Greetings, and looking for some pointers.

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Mon Feb 6 13:28:54 PST 2012

Hi, o mavens of gradebook-2.   I come aspirant to your ranks, and hope
to be set upon the true path.  ;)

I'm a computer type at the University of Florida, and am attempting to
pave the way for a professor's grading and course management goals.

I've got several different features I want to learn about / implement /
whatever,  but I figured I'd start with just one.

"the old" gradebook is capable of displaying people according to groups.
  It's my understanding that similar function doesn't exist in
gradebook2, but is  an acknowledged desire.  One thing I'd like to do,
if possible, is advance the progress of this feature.  Is someone
willing or able to comment on this?  Are there known challenges to such
a feature?

I'm also looking for information about various ways group data can be
automatically introduced to Sakai;  In this courses' current setup,
dozens of TAs populate their groups manually.  On the good side, the
effort is distributed.  On the bad side, we already have the information
they're trying to enter, it'd be nice if we could save everyone a
tedious hour of picking 'their' 18 people out of the full list, which
has hundreds and hundreds.  I know that isn't a gradebook2-specific
question; if someone could point me to the Right Venue in which to ask
it, I'd be grateful.

- Allen S. Rout