[gradebook2-dev] About TA exporting or importing the grades

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 22 20:05:28 PDT 2011

You should see multiple submenus under 'Export' ....

The last check before the Export menu is displayed is in
InstructorView.newMoreActionsMenu() ... the isEditable flag is set via
a long trip from the server via  AuthModel ... see
isUserAbleToEditAssessments() in that class.... the value from that
field then gets transferred through various controller/view classes
via a variables with a slightly different names : isUserAbleToEdiItems
(and connote slightly different meaning)

The server sets this value in the auth =
Gradebook2Authz.hasUserGraderPermissions('gradebook UID')

You might notice then that the code was written with the lens that if
there are *any* permissions granted to a user then they must be
'grader' permissions. And since there are 'grader' permissions, the
person must be granted the ability to 'grade'....  and also that zero
permissions granted means 'no grader permissions'

Parenthetically, this strictly interprets 'permission' and probably
reflects the natural English use of the word.. but it also means that,
given the current assumptions, we cannot add any 'negative
permissions' eg "cannot do X"

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Kim Huang <kimhuang at oit.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> Yes, I can see the export menu, but when you click on the export, there is nothing, please take a look at the attachment.
> I suspect it is not gb2 problem. But I just need to find out the section of the code which handles that.
> Thanks for your patience.
>
> -Kim

Jon Gorrono
PGP Key: 0x5434509D -
http{pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x5434509D&op=index}
GSWoT Introducer - {GSWoT:US75 5434509D Jon P. Gorrono <jpgorrono - gswot.org>}
http{middleware.ucdavis.edu}