[gradebook2-dev] Security exception error in GB2

JOSE MARIANO LUJAN GONZALEZ jmariano at um.es
Mon Sep 19 05:56:41 PDT 2011

El 15/09/2011 18:55, Thomas Amsler escribió:
> Aso, when the problem occurs, what is the "GB2TOKEN" cookie value on
> the browser? The format should be something similar to:

> e.g.
> GB2TOKEN = c40f420c-7636-4bc2-95aa-144ef84163bb-86ed1ed432c406d2ff84d6cf4f1bf2cc
>
> Best,
> -- Thomas
>

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Thomas Amsler<tpamsler at ucdavis.edu>  wrote:
>> Jose,
>>
>> I have a few questions:
>> 1. Did you just upgrade from v1.5.0 or v1.6.0?
>> 2. Do you get the exception all the time when you access GB2, or just
>> every once a while?
>> 3. Does it happen for everybody, who is using chrome?
>> 4. Have the users cleared the browser cache?
>>
>> Best,
>> -- Thomas
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 4:18 AM, JOSE MARIANO LUJAN GONZALEZ
>> <jmariano at um.es>  wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> This is Mariano, from the University of Murcia, as you probably know we are
>>> using gb2 in production 2.7.1, version 1.6.1 and since we switched to this
>>> version, we are getting the following message:
>>>
>>> Security Exception Unexpected response from server: 400
>>>
>>> Tomcat throws the following error:
>>>
>>> 2011-09-15 10:08:04,229 ERROR TP-Processor38
>>> org.sakaiproject.gradebook.gwt.server.ServletWrappingController - ERROR:
>>> X-XSRF-Cookie violation
>>>
>>> It seems a bit weird since i´m getting the error only in chrome and in some
>>> sites... Does anyone know what could be the problem? I can only reproduce it
>>> in chrome.
>>>
>>> thanks in advance,
>>> Mariano
>>>
>>> --

Hi Thomas,
sorry i didnt get back to you sooner.

1- we upgraded from 1.3.0 to 1.6.1
2- I used to get it all the time but just using google chrome and when
accesing some sites, not all sites (those sites were created before the
upgrade, but not all of them were throwing the error)... it seems that
had something to do with the upgrade since we did it last week, just
when i was getting the error. I attach you an image of the error.
3- Not everyone, I got an alert from a teacher and then i was getting it
too.
4- I tryed cleaning the cache but didnt work.
5- 13.0.782.220 m on windows, but got it on mac also (chrome too).

So with all that info, I cant reproduce it anymore but i will keep an
eye on it and let you know if it happens again. Thanks anyway.

Mariano

José Mariano Luján González - Aula Virtual
Area de Tecnologías de la Información
y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA)