[gradebook2-dev] Gradebook2 webservices

Thomas Amsler tpamsler at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jan 28 13:14:08 PST 2011

Sid,

The details of the final grade submission handling  is implemented by
and implementation of the InstitutionalAdvisor.java interface. When
the user clicks on the submit final grade menu item, it makes a REST
call to SubmitFinalGrades.java

That class calls the Gradebook2ComponentService.submitFinalGrade(...)
method, which in turn calls the
InstitutionalAdvisor.submitFinalGrade(...) method. So you should
implement your version of the InstitutionalAdvisor interface and use
it via Spring injection. There is a default implementation of the
InstitutionalAdvisor interface in SampleInstitutionalAdvisor.java

I hope this helps.

Best,
-- Thomas