[gradebook2-dev] Question about InstitutionAdvisor and some of its methods.

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Wed Feb 9 16:06:34 PST 2011

I think your thinking it spot on, we are actually working on an
implementation of InstitutionAdvisor that translates internal sakai
user eids into external ids for the SIS system.   In addition it has
to translate the course ids.

We are basically creating a csv file dump for the export and we are
doing most of the work in the submitFinalGrade() method.

You are going to have to handle how you do the translations in a
specific way that works with your course integrations and user
integration.  For us, we are storing the external ids as properties on
the site and user entities.  These are populated during an SIS load
and then translated in the InstitutionalAdvisor.

Probably in the next few days we'll have this wrapped up and I can
share some code if that is helpful.

John Bush
602-490-0470