[gradebook2-dev] Unique constraint violation on GRADE_RECORD_T

Michael Wenk mjwenk at ucdavis.edu
Tue Dec 20 23:55:38 PST 2011

Kelly,

The unique constraint problem can happen for several reasons.  I would
research what constraint SYS_C0010870 is, what fields in the table it
references.  UCD had an issue last term where an instructor imported a
file with multiple entries with the same student ID that caused a
unique constraint failure.  If the constraint is on the STUDENT_ID
then that's likely your problem.  Given the stack trace I looked at, I
would strongly suspect it to be the case.  In the case I referenced,
the problem didn't seem to cause any slowdown, just a failure of the
system to do the import properly, so I'm not sure the constraint is
causing your real problem.

Mike

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Geng, Kelly <gengx at muohio.edu> wrote:
> During this morning, the last minute of grade submission here, we are experiencing some gradebook2 loading failure sporadically and access slowdown occasionally. From the log the most apparently relevant error is a ORA-00001: unique constraint violation on GRADE_RECORCD_T table . Anyone can shed any light on this?
>

> Kelly Geng
> Miami University

Michael Wenk