[gradebook2-dev] Problems with GB2 services and grades integration

Jose Rabal Sastre joserabal at um.es
Mon Aug 29 05:46:37 PDT 2011

  Hi everyone!
This is Jose Rabal from the University of Murcia in Spain. We are
experimenting some errors in Gradebook 2 with grades that have been sent
from other tools like Samigo or Assignments to GB2. If we add a comment
in one of this grades and later we try to specify that we don't want to
send it to gradebook, the console shows the following error

ERROR org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter  - Integrity constraint
violation FK7977DFF06F98CFF table: GB_COMMENT_T in statement [delete
from GB_GRADABLE_OBJECT_T where ID=? and VERSION=?]

and the grade is not removed from Gradebook.

If we remove the grade using the Gradebook tool then the grade
dissapears, but if we set in Samigo or Assignments that we want to send
the grade again to Gradebook, the grade is not sent again.
I would like to test this error in a QA server with Gradebook 2, but all
the servers that I have found are with Gradebook 1. Can anyone reproduce
the same problems? I have tested the error on Gradebook 1.3.0, 1.5.0 and
1.6.0, Sakai 2.7.1 and 2.8.

Thanks in advance!
Jose Rabal