[gradebook2-dev] LastName, FirstName column

Paul Dagnall dagnalpb at notes.udayton.edu
Wed Aug 10 13:52:14 PDT 2011

Hi
I actually have a gb2 questions this time. :)   (GB2 v. 1.4.0, Sakai 2.6.x)
I've been asked to increase the default pixel width of the "Last Name, First
Name" column for the instructor display.

When I look through the code I find Gradebook2ComponentServiceImpl.java,
method getColumns(). In particular the line:
-------------------------
columns.add(new FixedColumnImpl(LearnerKey.S_LST_NM_FRST,
i18n.getString("lastNameFirst"), 180, false));
If I change the width from 180 I see no effect, and I've ensured there are
no saved settings or cached content in my tests. If I comment out the whole
line the column does not display so I feel I have to be looking in the right
area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul Dagnall