[gradebook2-dev] [Building Sakai] Problem with pom.xml at root of edu-services

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Thu Oct 21 14:50:55 PDT 2010

Actually, this does not cause as much of a problem (at least at build time) if you have old 2.8 artifacts in your repo.  It's a problem when you don't have them because some of them are no longer available from remote repos.  If maven decides it needs version 1.1.0-a02 of a particular jar and it is no longer in the local repo or any remote repo, and it can't be built locally, that causes the build to fail.  And short of checking out source for edu-services, fixing the errors in the pom files, and building it locally, there is no way to get gradebook2 to build with 2.7.

This is not just a problem for gradebook2.  Any other project that depends on sections (and probably other edu-services jars) will have similar problems until this is fixed.

Jim