[gradebook2-dev] Importing Gradebook2 content to new or existing sites

Will Humphries whumphri at vt.edu
Tue Oct 12 06:39:56 PDT 2010

  Hey there,

Is there a way for gradebook2 content (grade items, settings) to be
transferred from an existing site to another site? Should the mechanisms
which were in place for Gradebook 1 work? The 'Import from Site' feature
in the Site Info tool migrated GB1 content when a user chose 'I would
like to replace my data' and then checked the checkbox next to
Gradebook. When we go to that list of tools with GB2 in place, Gradebook
isn't listed as a tool whose content can be migrated.

We're currently recommending spreadsheet export and import to our users.

-Will