[gradebook2-dev] [Building Sakai] gradebook2 build

Thomas Amsler tpamsler at ucdavis.edu
Sat Aug 14 16:17:19 PDT 2010

Jon,

I just tried to build Sakai 2.7.0 with Gradebook2 v1.3.0 and it works for
me, using Maven 2.2.1. I think the error is cause the way we generate a
specific version file. If you look at gradebook2/server/pom.xml, you see
that at the end, we have:

<build>
                <plugins>
                        <plugin>
                                <version>1.2</version>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <phase>validate</phase>
                                                <configuration>
                                                        <tasks>
                                                                <ant antfile
= "${basedir}/build.xml"/>
                                                        </tasks>
                                                </configuration>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>run</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>
                <resources>
                        <resource>
                                <directory>${basedir}/src/java</directory>
                                <includes>
                                        <include>**/*.xml</include>
                                </includes>
                        </resource>
                </resources>
        </build>

..., which executes the gradebook2/server/build.xml. If that's the only
problem, then you can just uncomment:

<ant antfile = "${basedir}/build.xml"/>

in the gradebook2/server/pom.xml file.

Let me know if that works. We will change this process in the next release,
see http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/GRBK-710

Best,
-- Thomas