[gradebook2-dev] Gradebook2 Versions

Michael Wenk mjwenk at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 10 12:22:30 PDT 2010

I see that Thomas A created GRBK-710 to document the brittleness of updating
the version.xml file for GB2.  I put some comments in there, but to sum up I
had two main ideas:

1) Use Sakai's ServerConfigurationService and a sakai property to override
the GB2 version if said property exists and is not empty.  This would be if
someone wanted to run GB2, but call the version something different.  So if
someone wanted to call v1.3.0 "pear", they could do so.
2) While I definitely agree that we should not depend on mvn to update the
version each time GB2 is built, I kinda like the automation of it.  So my
compromise would be to move this update of the version file to a profile,
say called "updateVersion" and then the developer cutting the tag could just
run mvn with that profile and the work is done.

WDYT?

Mike

--
Michael Wenk