[Contrib: Evaluation System] Features and bugfixes from UCT's 10.x evals branch

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Aug 21 01:03:53 PDT 2014

Hi all,

As we've recently updated our evaluations code to 10.x and migrated some local changes, now is a good time to propose these for merging to trunk.

I've created an umbrella issue here:

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-1426

These are bugfixes:

EVALSYS-1405<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-1405> CKEditor is too narrow in some views, causing toolbars to wrap

EVALSYS-1412<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-1412> Email reminders can be configured and sent when eval is anonymous

and these are new features:

EVALSYS-744<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-744> Add username (eid/displayId) to the list of eval takers

EVALSYS-958<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-958> Extend administrate-search to enable keyword searching by Assign Group Name

EVALSYS-951<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-951> Allow free-text questions to be made compulsory

EVALSYS-1403<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-1403> Enable submission confirmation email to be evaluation-specific

I think there may be one or two more bugfixes with local JIRAs, for which I'll add EVALSYS JIRAs in due course.

Some of the features touch quite a few files including constructors, so the minimum-effort time to get them merged to trunk is now, but if they get held up, then they will take more effort as merge conflicts arise from other work, and we can't guarantee we'll get back to them later.

Note that EVALSYS-958 is resolved won't fix but I can't see a particular reason why, and I reopened it but some JIRA quirk has left the Resolution unchanged.

So I'd like to know if anyone has objections to any of the above issues going into trunk. If not, I'm prepared to merge them in. They are all production-tested on our 10.x system (though as we all know there are a million ways to run evaluations, so that doesn't absolutely rule out complications with some other configuration).

If there are concerns about any particular feature, we can either discuss it more by email, or have a teleconf / Skype or similar.

Regards
Stephen

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.