[Contrib: Evaluation System] Provider sync failing

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Thu Oct 10 09:55:48 PDT 2013

Just so we're all on the same page, normally an evaluation will "sync" its
evalgroup membership with the course sites memberships when the state of
the evaluation changes - like when it goes from in-queue to active.

The quick sync is designed to sync these evalgroups with the course sites
memberships if the curse sites membership has changed and needs to be
updated when the eval state is not expected to change - like, for example,
a new student is added to the course when the evaluation is already active.

Silly question: when you do a sync, you usually specify what 'state' you
want to target for update. The evals you're looking to update are in that
state right?

Does the sync job actually create a real quartz job? Or does it just
piggyback off scheduledinvocationmanager? There is a patch that will allow
you turn off quartz processing on nodes:

So, you could have quartz off on all nodes except the one you wanted to
have things run on. But that would be for all of the jobs, not just this
one.

Also, from reading the ticket, its unclear to me if
scheduledinvocationmanager even respects this setting.

This jira is also has some interesting comments: