[Contrib: Evaluation System] Errors/Failures in unit tests

Brian Jones bjones86 at uwo.ca
Tue Jul 16 08:54:19 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm currently preparing a patch to submit to the community for new
functionality in the evalsys, but I noticed that there are several unit
tests that report either errors or failures during the build.

I'm developing the patch against trunk of evalsys, and checked to see if the
same failures are reported on a stock check-out of trunk; which they are. It
reports the same two tests as failing, but in my modified branch there are a
bunch more which report 'errors' rather than 'failures'.

Should I be concerned about this with regards to submitting the patch to the
community? Should I take the time to fix the tests that are in error? Should
I ignore the ones that are in 'failure' as they seem to also fail in the
stock trunk?

Or maybe I should comment them out and submit the patch with that as well?
Any input will be helpful!

Thanks,

Brian Jones
Applications Development