[Contrib: Evaluation System] Scale values in the database

Will Humphries Will.Humphries at tufts.edu
Wed Aug 7 10:49:32 PDT 2013

Yeah, currently scale_option_index defines what option is first, and the
eval tool's reporting logic adds 1 to that number when assigning a
numeric value for the purpose of reporting. So it's important that
anyone trying to export from the db be aware of that need to increment.
My patch won't change that assumption, which is nice for anyone who is
already exporting eval results. scale_option_index 0 is still going to
be worth 1 point, but when a student takes an evaluation, any scale with
reversed=true will be rendered with scale_option_index=0 showing up last
instead of first.

I'll get a JIRA and patch made soon.

-Will