[Contrib: Evaluation System] Scale values in the database

Will Humphries Will.Humphries at tufts.edu
Wed Aug 7 10:22:13 PDT 2013

The first scale option is always worth 0, and the last is always worth
N-1 in the db (for N options). When means are calculated, the first
option is worth 1, and the last is worth N.

We had a request at Tufts to support the reverse of that - first option
displayed worth N points for reporting. The way I did that is to add a
boolean field to eval_scale called Reversed, with a checkbox in the
Create/Edit Scale UI to set it.

If a scale has reversed set to true, the scale options will be displayed
in reversed order when previewing an item/template, or taking an
evaluation. So the option worth N points is displayed on the left/top.

I also added an admin setting that controls whether the Reversed flag is
available system-wide. That's controlled by a checkbox in the
Administration page.

If anyone else is interested in this functionality, I'm happy to create
a JIRA and submit a patch.

-Will