[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluation System 1.3.0 on 2.9.xtrunk - Tomcat starting issue

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Jun 1 07:58:20 PDT 2012

Nope, you already made this change to trunk in: EVALSYS-1170

The profile should work if you changed the parent version in the root pom
to 2.9-SNAPSHOT or 2.9.0-b05.

If you left it at a 2.8 version, then the dependency management still has
webmvc as a provided dependency where 2.9 has it as a compile dependency.

I agree runtime is probably more appropriate but it's not a big difference
in this case (compile/verses runtime). For building in 2.9+ you'd really
want to change the initial parent for master though.