[Contrib: Evaluation System] expert items - included in db by default?

Rick Moyer rmoyer at umd.edu
Thu Jan 19 13:41:34 PST 2012

Rebecca,

	At UMD we only use expert items, since we run a centralized university wide evaluation.

	Expert items allow us to group questions at the various levels of our campus hierarchy and question type... ie

Univ - course
Univ -instr
Univ- TA
Coll 1 - course
Coll 1 - instr
Coll 2 - course
Coll 2 - instr

	This makes it easier to add to the template.

	We've never used the default set of expert items, I always figured they were just sample to how expert items can be used.

	We've modified the evaluation preload process to load our items, categories, etc as we change environments.

	Also, please check out the current 1.4 QA site, there is a new expert item interface on the My Items screen.  This should provide a better visual of how expert items operate.

	If there are any other questions, about expert items, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
Rick Moyer
University of Maryland