[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluations 1.3.0-RC4 available for test

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Mon Jun 27 11:48:36 PDT 2011

Hi everyone!

   Hope those at the conference made it safely back home and have recovered by now. We've just updated the http://qa5-us.sakaiproject.org server with the 1.3.0-RC4 tag of evaluations, which will be the final 1.3.0 release, barring any serious new issues. Please take the time to test this new tag by the end of this week (server logs are available at http://qa5-us.sakaiproject.org/logtail).

   Additionally, we will need to migrate the underlying database from an Oracle 10g server to an 11g server, and need to decide whether or not to migrate the data or start over with a fresh, squeaky clean database. I'm leaning towards _not_ migrating the database, since it's less work for our DBAs, so if you have a compelling need to retain/migrate the current data, please let me know by the end of the week.

Thanks!
- Beth