[Contrib: Evaluation System] EVALSYS APP VERSION in admin page footer

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Thu Jun 2 09:57:37 PDT 2011

Three items are shown in the footer: EvalConstants.APP_VERSION, EvalConstants.SVN_REVISION and EvalConstants.SVN_LAST_UPDATE.

The values of EvalConstants.SVN_REVISION and EvalConstants.SVN_LAST_UPDATE come from the svn metadata.  The value of EvalConstants.APP_VERSION is hard-coded.  We could change EvalConstants.APP_VERSION to show the svn URL, which includes the "version number" if it's a tag or branch, and the word "trunk" if it's trunk. Or the value could be set dynamically by parsing it out of that URL.  I will look to see if there's some other way of getting the app version from some reliable source.

Jim