[Contrib: Evaluation System] Change in UI for managing order in template grouped items?

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Mon Sep 27 00:21:20 PDT 2010

Hi Ellen

You are right. I have Jira'd this at
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-1028

Thank

--
Lovemore Nalube
OLE Developer (Vula)
University of Cape Town
http://www.cet.uct.ac.za/LovemoreN

>>> On 9/13/2010 at 5:42 PM, in message
<22982CFD-108A-42BA-867F-1F8C84B12935 at umd.edu>, Ellen Yu Borkowski
<eyb at umd.edu> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to test out the latest code in preparation for Maryland's
continuing development efforts.  We are running rev 70075 on a test
environment and I have encountered a UI change that I want to check on
to determine if this was a change and discuss whether or not this needs
to to go back to the original functionality.

When managing grouped items in a template, in the past, when one
reordered items in a group using the drag and drop UI interface, a link
would appear next to the text "Drag and drop to rearrange the grouped
items." that said "Save new order for grouped items."  That link has now
disappeared and when one re-orders items in a group, nothing appears.
It looks like the new order is saved, but this UI doesn't feel as
intuitive since at the basic item level for the template, one has to
click the "Save Order" button after rearranging items at the base
template level.

So, I am proposing this come back so that a user can "Save" the order.
I don't remember where this falls in our new workflow that was
discussed, but to me this feels like a major change in UI (as someone
who has been using this tool extensively for several years).  Does this
fall under the category "to be proposed and discussed in the group
before implementing"?

Ellen
---
Ellen Yu Borkowski
Director, Academic Support
Office of Information Technology
University of Maryland
College Park, MD  20742-2411
301.405.2922 (o)
301.830.0196 (c)
301.405.0720 (f)
Email: eyb at umd.edu
http://www.oit.umd.edu/as/staff/Ellen.html

TO UNSUBSCRIBE: send email to
evaluation-unsubscribe at collab.sakaiproject.org with a subject of
"unsubscribe"

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from
+27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify
the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may
not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail
is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the
sender's individual capacity.

###