[Contrib: Evaluation System] Proposal to add profiles to EVALSYS pom's

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Fri Oct 1 09:49:12 PDT 2010

My work on profiles is complete in the EVALSYS-811 branch.  It does not change the default behavior (when no profile is specified), but it enables profiles to build with sakai 2.6 and 2.7.  We should add a profile to build with 2.8 soon.  It may be the same as the 2.7 profile.  But I think we should merge the profiles to trunk as soon as possible.

IMO, we should also consider merging those to 1.3.x. We could consider changing the default to build with some other version of sakai, but I think that should be a separate issue, to avoid having it hold up getting this work merged.

 Please speak up if you have any concerns about this.

Jim