[Contrib: Evaluation System] What's the "Last Update" column in My Templates page?

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Mon Nov 22 08:23:59 PST 2010

How about extending the method for updating the time stamp to cater for
events that affect template item modifications. ie, instead of creating
a new table column in the database for tracking the template items,
simply call the existing time stamp update code from within the
save/delete action of the child template item.

:)

--
Lovemore Nalube
OLE Developer (Vula)

>>> On 11/22/2010 at 5:34 PM, in message
<AANLkTikG5YBCekTEY_Rw803j3X1aXA9m52fos+fLBpOo at mail.gmail.com>, Aaron
Zeckoski <azeckoski at unicon.net> wrote:

I thought it was showing the last time a template was changed (though
that only refers to the fields of the template it self and not the
template items)?

Either way, it makes sense to me to make it show the most recent date
which the template_items were adjusted (added/moved). I think it will
require a new field in the template object though as otherwise you
won't be able to track the date of items removal unless they affect
the ordering of the items in the template (which would be the case for
all but the last item in the template).

-AZ

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Lovemore Nalube
<lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I've logged a call to fix the "Last Update" column (EVALSYS-1054) It
> currently only shows the date on which the template was made/copied.
I'd

--
Aaron Zeckoski - Software Engineer - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile

###