[Contrib: Evaluation System] Eval Administrator

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Tue Nov 16 02:23:50 PST 2010

Hi Rick

My thoughts on this are that the Eval Admin should have the same rights in Evals as Sakai Admin. After all, there is no actual Sakai specific services being accessed by the logic to prevent any user from being given the same access as "Sakai Admins".

Also some institutions may want non-eval admins to be able to do some pf the actions you've noted as "restricted". eg. UCT allows instructors to access My Email Templates, Modify Evaluation Dates and View properties of an evaluation.

In a nutshell I propose not to restrict the actions for Eval Admin according to some new list of permissions, rather impersonate those that the Sakai admin already has when in the tool. That will ensure that the tool continues to work in its current functionality for normal users with the added ability to give super powers to some users (see what I did there :) ). This would make the solution simpler.

:)

--
Lovemore Nalube
OLE Developer (Vula)

>>> On 11/12/2010 at 7:07 PM, in message <A32122FBAE23C145ABBEFDEA852187CE01E6EE8DD05D at OITMXCMS03VI.AD.UMD.EDU>, "Richard C. Moyer II" <rmoyer at umd.edu> wrote:

We’re working on EVALSYS-809, the creation of an Eval Administrator.   A screen shot for this is attached to this issue.

This screen will be available under the administrate screen and will have the sakai default user, admin, loaded during the initial data preload.

This issue currently lists the following actions as restricted to the Eval Admin:

1.    Access to the Administrate Screen and all actions / links on that screen, including

Search - Find individual and sets of evaluations based on various parameters (Title, Subject code, open/close dates, instructor involved)
Data Import - Load data (templates, evals, etc.)
Control Reporting - - Find submission results (counts) for individual students and classes
Control Email Settings - Modify email parameters and templates

2.    My Evaluations

- View properties of an evaluation (Status, Email Sent status)

- Modify evaluation dates (open date if the eval has not yet opened, close date if it has not yet closed)

3.    My Email Templates

4.    - Determine the status of system tasks (e.g. the loading of data, if the email job ran, on which server, for how long, how many emails were sent and to whom)

Other screens / actions which should be restricted to an Eval Admin?

Thoughts or comments,
Rick

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###