[Contrib: Evaluation System] question about lecturer evaluation

Lovemore Nalube lovemore.nalube at uct.ac.za
Thu Mar 18 01:35:39 PDT 2010

Hi Adam

>If a site maintain creates a question about a lecturer (Add/edit item - item category = lecturer) they ALWAYS get two instances of the question labelled "Instructor 1" / >"Instructor 2" regardless of the number of maintainers in the site.
This is because the lecturer is seeing the Preview Evaluation page an not the take evaluation page. In UCT we do not give the lecturer the eval.take permission, so they are only able to see the preview. The Preview page code has not been improved yet to show the actual Lecturer/TA names. There are two 'sample' instructors, "Instructor 1" / "Instructor 2", put there to give the general idea that those questions will be categorized in that section. There is much talk about actual instructor names being shown here: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-790

>If a super admin does it they get question for each maintainer in the site and the maintainers (or lecturers) are identified by name.
A super admin can view the take evaluation page, which does populate the lecturer names. Generally, sakai super admins are give access to everything in the CE tool.

Hope this helps

--
Lovemore Nalube
OLE Developer (Vula)

>>> On 17/03/2010 at 18:51, in message <34859EE98DD88F4982843F713AE11E921CF81ECEDE at EXMBX05.ad.oak.ox.ac.uk>, Adam Marshall <adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

If a site maintain creates a question about a lecturer (Add/edit item - item category = lecturer) they ALWAYS get two instances of the question labelled "Instructor 1" / "Instructor 2" regardless of the number of maintainers in the site.

If a super admin does it they get question for each maintainer in the site and the maintainers (or lecturers) are identified by name.

This has got to be a bug hasn't it?

adm

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 4500. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.