[Contrib: Evaluation System] QA Effort for the Evaluation System

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Wed Jun 30 10:29:29 PDT 2010

Thanks for all the great info and input everyone!

I've created both

evaluation/branches/1.3.x/
evaluation/tags/1.3.0-RC1/

as copies of trunk as it exists today, with the dependency on 2.5.4. I think it's fair to make bringing the project up to Sakai 2.6 a task for this round of QA.

I've updated jira to have 1.3.0-RC1 as a possible version, so please feel free to update any bugs that you'd really like to see get fixed in this round of QA so that their 'Affects Version' == 1.3.0-RC1.

If you'd like to help out with this QA effort, here are some first steps that I think will help us get started:

1) If you're using Sakai on campus and haven't added your details to the Adopters page, please do! http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EVALSYS/Adopters

2) I've made a home page for this effort at http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EVALSYS/1.3.x+QA+Effort Please peruse it and add what you have. If you already have test plans, or something like a test plan, add it! If not, please take a few moments to contribute to the 'Use Cases' page.

3) Declare your allegiance! Add your name to the QA team here: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EVALSYS/1.3.0+QA+Team

Thanks everyone,

Nicola Monat-Jacobs
Senior Technical Manager