[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluation Feature Requests Process

Richard C. Moyer II rmoyer at umd.edu
Fri Jun 25 12:49:10 PDT 2010

My thoughts on how new feature requests should be handled are as follows:

In addition to an email to the list, a proposed new feature should be added to the Contrib: Evaluation Confluence pages.  I would encourage earlier notification rather than later.  I'm sure there may be cases where two institutions have been working on the same feature without knowing what the other is doing and whoever commits first wins.

If the feature is to be included in trunk, then the EVALSYS jira is created.

I see several advantages to this:

By adding new features to evaluation confluence, the tool becomes self documenting as well as knowing what is included in each tag.

Also, when a feature is determined not to be included in trunk and remain in the local branch, it can always be revisited should that feature become needed by other schools.

If this is acceptable, I'll modify the Contrib: Evaluation Confluence to include these.

Thoughts,
Rick Moyer