[Contrib: Evaluation System] Notice: Merging EVALSYS-861 to trunk?

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Tue Jun 22 13:54:57 PDT 2010

We discussed this several months ago with general agreement that it would be OK to merge some work done back in February to trunk.  The work is described here:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-861

I thought I had merged it, but I just discovered it has not been merged.

To review, this adds a member variable named "localSelector" to the EvalEvaluation class (along with a setter and getter) and it adds a column in the database for this property in the EVAL_EVALUATION table.  This makes it possible for institutions to set this column in some way (in a provider, for example, or in import code) and then use it to select evals and other entities for export later.  The rest of the EVALSYS codebase ignores this value.

Michigan has had this change in production since February with no ill effects.  The JIRA ticket indicates that Maryland would like to use this as well, and that Maryland is interested in providing a UI for setting this value when creating or modifying an evaluation, but that work has not been done and is not part of the current proposal.

As I said, we had approval of this a few months ago, but since the change was not merged to trunk at that time, I thought it would be prudent to announce it again and give 48 hours for comment before merging it to trunk.  So I will merge these changes to trunk unless there are objections before 5 p.m. EDT Thursday.

Thanks.

Jim