[Contrib: Evaluation System] My Email Templates for non-admin users?

Sean DeMonner demonner at umich.edu
Fri Jul 23 05:54:20 PDT 2010

I don't know about non-admin users, but we put in the option to hide those links to prevent admin users from inadvertently clicking them (EVALSYS-787).

If you have thousands of templates in the system for example and you click that link as an admin you can set off a very long-running queries in the back end. We also don't use that functionality since these items are defined outside of our Sakai implementation so having them there was not useful and potentially dangerous in our case.

SMD.

On Jul 23, 2010, at 8:49 AM, Stephen Marquard wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is "My Email Templates" something that could ever be used by a non-admin user?
>
> I'm confused about it because I thought not but there's now an admin option, viz.:
>
> "Show links to My Evaluations, My Templates, My Items, My Scales and My Email Templates" from http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-787
>
> There is a set of JIRAs about what links show up in the top navigation. I've tried to link them all to http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-874
>
> Regards
> Stephen

Sean DeMonner, IT Senior Project Manager, CTools Implementation Group
Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, U-M      (734) 615-9765