[Contrib: Evaluation System] New version of proposed schema

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Thu Jan 28 08:31:48 PST 2010

A new version of the proposed schema for import/export of EVALSYS data
is here:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimeng/eval_data010/eval_data010.html

It has changed a lot since the last time I sent out a link to it.  Of
particular interest, I have added two new entity types, EvalResponse
and EvalAnswer, which would needed by anyone wanting to use the
servlet to harvest data from Sakai. Those definitions are still very
preliminary and untested.

This is still a draft of a proposed schema, but it is getting close to
a "final" version that we will use in implementing the first version
of an import/export servlet. I will be working on some issues related
to the schema today and expect to have a new version on Friday.

If anyone is interested, I can supply links to sample XML files that
show data describing various entity types in this format (in
particular, EvalScale, EvalItem, EvalTemplate, EvalTemplateItem,
EvalEmailTemplate, EvalEvaluation, and EvalAssignGroup).

It's likely we will discuss this at the Feb 12 meeting, but meanwhile,
comments, questions and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Jim