[Contrib: Evaluation System] Is anybody running evaluations on a cluster?

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Mon Feb 15 07:04:07 PST 2010

Hi Adam,

Not sure what version you're currently running, but there has been an issue where the settings don't invalidate properly across the cluster on update. So if you changed an admin setting, to be sure it applied immediately across all app servers, you'd have to restart them or apply the same change on each.

The JIRA is somewhere in EVALSYS.

Cheers
Stephen

>>> Adam Marshall <adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk> 2/15/2010 5:00 PM >>>
This is driving us nuts.

The 'administrate' screen is showing different settings depending on which node of the cluster we view them on. This was causing the Evaluations tool to behave differently dependent on what node of the cluster one is logged into. I have had to manually set them to be the same.

Surely this cant be right? Can it really be that Evaluations wont run in a clustered environment?

Adam