[Contrib: Evaluation System] Question about editing copied questions

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 5 02:15:11 PST 2010

not really no! I did manage to figure out all the other configuration option though and founf=d ther page on confluence very useful: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EVALSYS/System+Settings

this page does have information on the hierarchy but as yet I havent followed what it says.

I don't think the permissions are connected to the hierarchy though. I think ther hierrachy is to do with who can see questionnaire templates (or maybe question banks) and who can see the results of surveys.

For permissuions I think you need the first option on the administrate screen "lecturers allowed to create evaluations"

We also discovered that adding the evaluation tool to our build wouldn't give lecturers the option to conduct evaluations on sites created before the tool was added, but was OK for new sutes. We have to patch the database to add the following permissions to old sites:

access eval.take.evaluation
maintain eval.assign.evaluation
maintain eval.be.evaluated
maintain eval.write.template

I've attached some SQL to update the DB permissions but we've also got an extra role 'contribute' which will need removing:

adam