[Contrib: Evaluation System] share templates jira EVALSYS-1006

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 04:09:35 PDT 2010

I have just created Jira pertaining to the sharing of questionnaire templates:  	 http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-1006

We are very keen to do this so I just wanted to open up discussion of the best way forward. We also want to share results butthis will be a separate issue.

Here's the text of the Jira:

=======

Templates should be either private, public or assigned to a site.

There should be no change in the area of private and public templates but there should be an additional option to assign a template to ONE site.

Site participants with the 'eval.write.template' permission should be allowed to edit.

Locking would be ideal but if that is too complex then a red warning message pointing out that somebody else is editing the template would do. The message could contain the time at which editing started.

There may be issues with templates that use My Scales as these will not necc. be visible to all permitted editors

Related to: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-712

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-712 also comes into play - currently non-admins dont see My Scales but I think that the intention is that they should.

=======

Comments? (I will try to distill all comments and add to the Jira but feel free to comment on the ticket anyway)

adam