[Contrib: Evaluation System] "Questionnaire templates" or "Templates"

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Tue Aug 10 06:03:03 PDT 2010

"Questionnaire Templates" is part of the en_GB locale file originally added by Cambridge. We follow the default labelling, viz. "Templates", and "Evaluations" for evaluations (which some people use for surveys, but as our 80% use case is course evaluations, we go with the labelling that's appropriate for that).

Cheers
Stephen

>>> Adam Marshall <adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk> 2010/08/10 02:40 PM >>>
We are finding that people are getting confused between Surveys and Questionnaire Templates.

We've had a discussion here and think that if we referred to Questionnaire Templates as "Templates" then everybody would be a lot clearer. Also Questionnaire Templates is a bit of a mouthful - shouldn't it be Survey Template anyway as they are templates from which surveys are created? Isnt questionnaire another word for survey?

What does the massed ranks of the evaluations list think about proposing a change in terminology?

The only drawback I can see is that there may be confusion between Templates and "My Email Templates".

adam