[Contrib: Evaluation System] Import/export of ItemGroup objects?

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Tue Sep 8 09:27:42 PDT 2009

I am working on proposed specs for import and export of various
entities in the Evaluation System.  I have done EvalEvaluation,
EvalScale and EvalItem.  While working on EvalItem, I came across
EvalItemGroup, which is not supported in the work Dick Ellis has done
to date.  It seems like import and export of EvalItemGroup would
require definition on a string EID, which the model does not have at
this point.  Would it make sense to add an EID, or is it unnecessary
to import/export item group definitions?

If import/export of item groups is important to anybody and we reach
agreement that an EID is the best way to specify links among items and
item groups, I'd appreciate if someone to whom this matters could
create a JIRA for adding the EID and take care of getting that done. I
would then add in the code for the import/export when I get to that
point.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Jim