[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluation layout

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Wed Mar 25 12:48:42 PDT 2009

These are all reasonable feature requests which should probably be in
JIRA somewhere, however, that does not necessarily mean someone will
make it happen. You probably would need to put some skin in the game
as the saying goes.

:-)
-AZ

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Brian Dashew <Brian.Dashew at marist.edu> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Marist is trying to use the evaluation system tool to roll out the 2009
> Multi-Institutional Survey Initative from the Data Analysis working group.
> We've just done a test run which seemed to work pretty well, but we do have
> a few questions we're hoping somebody out there can help us with:
>
> - Is there a graceful way to add an "other" option to a multiple choice
> question? Currently I've just added a comment box and made the last option
> "other (please explain in the comment box below)"
> - Is there a way to split up the evaluation onto multiple pages? I'm
> thinking of what exists in the Tests and Quizzes tool where I can set each
> part of a test to appear on its own page; I'd like to do the same thing for
> parts of this (very long) survey
> - Is there a way to hide the question number? As I said...it's a long
> survey...almost 100 questions...and I'm a bit worried that people are going
> to scroll down, see the number and exit the survey before they even look at
> the content. Can these be easily hidden?
>
> Please let me know if there's anything you can suggest to help us through
> these questions/issues.
>
> Thank you,
> Brian
>     ---------------------
> Brian Dashew
> Instructional Designer, Academic Technology & eLearning
> Marist College
> Library 317
> Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
> (845) 575-3303
> Email: Brian.Dashew at marist.edu

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz at vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]