[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluation layout

Brian Dashew Brian.Dashew at marist.edu
Wed Mar 25 11:42:04 PDT 2009

Hello:

Marist is trying to use the evaluation system tool to roll out the 2009
Multi-Institutional Survey Initative from the Data Analysis working group.
We've just done a test run which seemed to work pretty well, but we do
have a few questions we're hoping somebody out there can help us with:

- Is there a graceful way to add an "other" option to a multiple choice
question? Currently I've just added a comment box and made the last option
"other (please explain in the comment box below)"
- Is there a way to split up the evaluation onto multiple pages? I'm
thinking of what exists in the Tests and Quizzes tool where I can set each
part of a test to appear on its own page; I'd like to do the same thing
for parts of this (very long) survey
- Is there a way to hide the question number? As I said...it's a long
survey...almost 100 questions...and I'm a bit worried that people are
going to scroll down, see the number and exit the survey before they even
look at the content. Can these be easily hidden?

Please let me know if there's anything you can suggest to help us through
these questions/issues.

Thank you,
Brian
Brian Dashew
Instructional Designer, Academic Technology & eLearning
Marist College
Library 317
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
(845) 575-3303