[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluation Strategy for 3akai

John Norman john at caret.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 11 01:14:02 PDT 2009

While what we have of 3akai will run in production from this summer,
it will not be a full substitute for Sakai 2 and therefore will sit
'in front' of a full Sakai 2 instance. It will support the academic
social networking use cases and a new type of group site with whatever
'vignettes' are ready. Most course sites will remain on Sakai 2 for
the coming year. We see this as a technology preview rather than a
full release. We haven't done any planning regarding Evaluation System
yet, nor many other tools, because we are very resource constrained.

HTH
John