[Contrib: Evaluation System] Updating EVALSYS trunk to build with Sakai trunk?

Richard C. Moyer II rmoyer at umd.edu
Mon Aug 31 14:09:23 PDT 2009

Jim and all,

The description/comments on this issue, makes it sounds like we all must migrate to 2.6.x, if we are going continue to be a part of the sakai community, specifically evaluations.

What is the advantage to upgrading to 2.6.x from 2.5.x - 2.4.x?

At UMD we've been working on evaluations with café-2.5.x. There's been a lot of changes from our current production version of 2.2 and I really don't want to invest the time to refigure how to implement these ( i.e. ldapDirectory, providers, database mods, etc) in 2.6.x.

Are the supporting projects ready for 2.6.x. ? (i.e. entitybroker, hierarchy, jobscheduler, etc)

Based on other comments in the JIRA, I'm not in favor of 2 separate trunks for evaluations.  However, should this be the decision, I assume this will be documented in the installation guide of the sakai wiki for evaluations?

Should this be a topic at the upcoming discussion by Sean and implemented at an agreed upon timeline?

Thanks,
Rick