[Contrib: Evaluation System] Requirements and Questions

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Thu Apr 30 12:50:27 PDT 2009

> - How does one create and manage hierarchies of the sort that UM exhibits?

Enable the hierarchy in the administration page (as an admin). Use the
link that will appear there to add nodes to the hierarchy and attach
courses to the nodes.

> - Does hierarchy allow for administrative reporting (e.g. a Dean gets
> to see reports for all courses within their college)?

This is a feature request:
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/EVALSYS-619

> - Can survey periods be made specific to subsets of courses by some property?

I am not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that you want to set up
an eval which surveys a bunch of courses but each course has unique
timing? If so, this is not possible currently and would require
significant work to make it happen. It would probably be easier to
setup multiple evaluations using the same template instead.

> - What sort of reports are available OOTB to instructors and students?

PDF, CSV, XL, and HTML reports which display basic summary and
statistical information are available by default. Most people who have
more specific needs have exported the data and then generated their
own reports separately or released the data via another system. I
would like to see this more controllable but it has not yet been a
priority for anyone.

-AZ

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz at vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]