[Contrib: Evaluation System] Startup effort

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Thu Apr 23 10:59:06 PDT 2009

> The tool is complex, so there is some effort to figuring out how to deploy, use and support it, but there's probably more effort negotiating the local deployment strategy.

I would very much like to be able to reduce this so I am open to
suggestions if people have ideas.
-AZ

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Stephen Marquard
<stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za> wrote:
>  1 month or 3 months, depending on how focused the effort is.
>
> The complexity with evaluations is very much around the many idiosyncracies of local evaluation practices (and the organizational issues and politics related thereto).
>
> The tool is complex, so there is some effort to figuring out how to deploy, use and support it, but there's probably more effort negotiating the local deployment strategy.
>
> Cheers
> Stephen

> A quick question from a spectator:  based on experiences so far, what
> would you say is the effort level required to get off the ground with
> the evaluation tool, if you have already experience with some legacy
> evaluation system (so that our preferred business rules are presumably
> worked out)?  Would you guess that it would be more like one month, 3
> months, or 6 months of focused effort?
>
> --
> Clay

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz at vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]