[DG: Euro Sakai] EuroSakai 2012

Ian Dolphin iandolphin at sakaifoundation.org
Sat Oct 15 06:44:53 PDT 2011

Hello All

With a massively successful EuroSakai 2011 in Amsterdam concluded (thanks again to UvA and Edia for all their tremendous work on this!), it seems a good time to turn our thoughts to next year's event.

I have two requests for feedback from the European Sakai Community, both arising from conversations at this year's event.

Firstly, early Autumn in Europe has been presented as difficult for a number of reasons connected with semester/term starts. We clearly need to consider maintaining a clean separation from the "main" conference around June (next year, this will be a joint event with our colleagues in Jasig, and *should* be on the East Coast of the US), but there may be a better time to hold a European event to maximize participation. February has been suggested. Opinions welcome!

Secondly, we need to consider venues. Both Innsbruck and Oxford have been suggested for an event next year. Please mail me your preferences.

Best

Ian

--
Ian Dolphin